School of Medicine Research Office (SoMReS)
Support for our researchers
Dedicated to providing a high quality service to our research community
The Research Office exists to support and facilitate the School of Medicine's research strategy, policies and procedures. Our major responsibilities include:
- Supporting the grant submission process: providing advice on targeting the right opportunities, funder requirements, processing CAP requests, Internal Peer Review (IPR), using the various electronic submissions systems and authorising applications on behalf of the School
- Advising on costing and pricing of research: advice on the requirements of Full Economic Costing (FEC), HR related costing queries
- Leading the continuous improvement: of research administration in the School of Medicine through customer feedback, process review, joint projects and professional networks
- Administration of the Research Excellence Framework (REF): through participation in REF pilot, gathering information on outputs, management of Symplectic and data input
- Partnership with NHS: the Research Office works in collaboration with the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board's Research and Development (R&D) Office
An invaluable resource for achieving the Schools research mission and strategic aims the Research Office aims to provide a high quality service to researchers and research staff within the School of Medicine.
Policies & Procedures
Useful information and resources related to the grant submission process
The latest funding opportunities: from the research councils to small local charities.