Research in the School of Medicine
Research in the School is focused on interdisciplinary themes. Each of these spans the spectrum from laboratory investigation to clinical practice, in hospital and community settings.
Our approach brings together people, knowledge and skills from a range of disciplines. This approach is the key to our research strength and achievements.
The School's research Institutes embody this philosophy. Their results are an indicator of its success.
Research networks & interest groups
The School offers research degree opportunities in fields across the spectrum of medicine and medicine-related disciplines.
- "#discrimination": The Online Response to a Case of a Breastfeeding Mother Being Ejected from a UK Retail Premises Journal Of Human Lactation, Volume 2015 June 2015
- The effect of birth weight on lung spirometry in white, school-aged children and adolescents born at term: a longitudinal population based observational cohort study. J Pediatr, Volume 166, 5 May 2015 pp.1163-1167
- Reducing the burden of iatrogenic harm in children Lancet, Volume 385, 9978 April 2015 pp.1593-1594
- Archive of publications (1719 items)
Research-related news & events
- PREPARE study seeking people to take part in public focus groups 26th August 2015Next focus groups to be held: 13th& 20th October Cardiff
- Full UKCRC Registration Awarded to Swansea Trials Unit (STU) 26th August 2015Swansea Trials Unit (STU), based at Swansea University, has received full accreditation as a trials unit from the UK Clinical Research Collaboration (UKCRC).
- Saving children from abuse Cardiff University30th July 2015New doctor test to spot children at risk of death by physical abuse
- Cwm Taf RDCS Helpdesk 2nd September Research Helpdesk for NHS professionalsVenue: Prince Charles Hospital
Malcolm Starkey (University of Newcastle, Australia) British Society for Immunology 14th September, 12.00‑13.00 "Early-life infectious origins of chronic lung diseases"Venue: Henry Wellcome Building
- RDCS Workshop 2015 15th September, 09.30 The 4th annual RDCS workshop will be held in the Glamorgan Building, Cardiff University, on 15th September 2015 Venue: Glamorgan Building
Central Biotechnology Services
A centrally-located service offering state-of-the-art technology, technical support and guidance.
Clinical Research Facility
A crucial facility for the translation of basic biomedical science developments into clinical practice.
Research Support & Administration
The Research Office provides expert support over a project's life-cycle, including information and guidance on research funding, training, policy, procedures, and strategy.
The Research Ethics Committee is responsible for the formal ethical review and approval of all research involving human participants, tissues or data.
Be a part of our work
Anyone can take part, by collaborating, by contributing expertise, resources or funding, or sponsoring a researcher, project or lab