Within the Cardiff University Psychiatry Service (CUPS) we offer clinical services that make optimal use of the clinical and research expertise of the psychiatrists working at Cardiff University. CUPS is provided jointly by Cardiff University and the Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust. Most of our services are highly specialized and require referral by a consultant psychiatrist. We are unable to accept self-referrals or to take over the ongoing care for patients seen within the service.
The clinical services we currently provide include:
- Second opinions regarding the diagnosis and management of mood disorders and psychosis in adults.
- Second opinions regarding the diagnosis and management of neurodevelopmental disorders and psychiatric illness in children and adolescents.
- Genetic Counselling for common psychiatric disorders.
- Advising and counselling on risks of severe psychiatric illness being triggered by pregnancy and childbirth.
- Assessment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Magnetic Seizure Therapy for depression.
The consultants working within the Cardiff University Psychiatry Second Opinion Service are: