News archive for School of Medicine Research
- Towards improving pneumonia diagnosis Cardiff UniversityTodayScientists at the University’s School of Medicine have received a major grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to develop a new tool capable of rapidly diagnosing pneumonia.
- “Disturbing breach of last group of antibiotics” Cardiff University19th November 2015A new gene (MCR-1) that enables bacteria to be highly resistant to polymyxins - the last line of antibiotic defence we have left - has been found in widespread bacteria samples taken from pigs and patients in south China, including …
- Emil Unanue: the Jonathan Boulter Memorial Lecture 2015 9th October 2015World-leading immunologist delivers an outstanding memorial lecture in commemoration of Dr. Jonathan Boulter
- Decoding what goes wrong in arthritis Cardiff University6th October 2015Fresh insight into rheumatoid arthritis offers hope for transforming patient care
- Research centre for primary and emergency care launched Cardiff University28th September 2015Experts gathered to mark the launch PRIME Centre Wales
- PREPARE study seeking people to take part in public focus groups 26th August 2015Next focus groups to be held: 13th& 20th October Cardiff
- Full UKCRC Registration Awarded to Swansea Trials Unit (STU) 26th August 2015Swansea Trials Unit (STU), based at Swansea University, has received full accreditation as a trials unit from the UK Clinical Research Collaboration (UKCRC).
- Saving children from abuse Cardiff University30th July 2015New doctor test to spot children at risk of death by physical abuse