News archive for School of Medicine Research
- PREPARE study seeking people to take part in public focus groups 26th August 2015Next focus groups to be held: 13th& 20th October Cardiff
- Full UKCRC Registration Awarded to Swansea Trials Unit (STU) 26th August 2015Swansea Trials Unit (STU), based at Swansea University, has received full accreditation as a trials unit from the UK Clinical Research Collaboration (UKCRC).
- Saving children from abuse Cardiff University30th July 2015New doctor test to spot children at risk of death by physical abuse
- Primary Care & Public Health PGR Graduation 2015 22nd July 2015#CardiffGrad
- PRIME Centre Wales 1st July 2015Cardiff University, alongside partner universities Bangor, Swansea, and South Wales, has been awarded £2.7M to lead the ‘PRIME Centre Wales’ for Primary and Emergency Care Research.
- Award at International Symposium on Immunotherapy www.cancerresearchwales.co.uk17th June 2015Prof Andrew Godkin wins award for best research at the 2nd International Symposium on Immunotherapy organised by the Cancer Vaccine Institute
- Cardiff professors elected to Learned Society for Wales Cardiff University29th April 2015Four Cardiff University professors have been elected to the prestigious Learned Society for Wales, a keenly competed accolade which recognises academic excellence.
- Immune system 'friendly fire' could be to blame for cancer deaths 17th February 2015New research suggests that patients recovering from bowel cancer surgery may be at a higher risk of relapse if their blood shows an immune response to a particular protein, called carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA). By informing a more tailored treatment strategy …