News archive for School of Medicine Research
- Improvement Collaboratives in Healthcare 24th July 2014This evidence scan explores research about whether collaboratives help to improve quality in health care and the factors that may be key to their success.
- New test predicts survival in blood cancer patients Cardiff University9th July 2014Scientists have developed a test which accurately predicts the prognosis for patients with the most common form of leukaemia. The findings could also inform the development of a prognostic test for patients with other forms of cancer.
- Infection & Immunity Newsletter 2014 9th July 2014Second newsletter of the Cardiff Institute of Infection and Immunity, covering the period of 2013-2014
- Intensive Care Foundation New Investigator Award 2014 8th July 2014Cardiff-based researchers receive a New Investigator Award by the Intensive Care Foundation
- Tenovus PhD 4th July 2014Tenovus are currently running a biennial call for PhD studentships
- Royal visit 1st July 2014Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Cornwall, has visited Cardiff University in her first engagement as Patron of Arthritis Research UK.
- Cardiff leads new £16M dementia fight Cardiff University19th June 2014University scientists will lead a new £16M bid to detect, treat and prevent dementia.
- Knighthood for Professor Michael Owen BBC16th June 2014Prof Michael Owen has been recognised in the Queen's Birthday Honours list with a knighthood for his work in neuroscience and mental health.