News archive for School of Medicine Research
- Primary Care & Public Health PGR Graduation 2015 22nd July 2015#CardiffGrad
- PRIME Centre Wales 1st July 2015Cardiff University, alongside partner universities Bangor, Swansea, and South Wales, has been awarded £2.7M to lead the ‘PRIME Centre Wales’ for Primary and Emergency Care Research.
- Award at International Symposium on Immunotherapy www.cancerresearchwales.co.uk17th June 2015Prof Andrew Godkin wins award for best research at the 2nd International Symposium on Immunotherapy organised by the Cancer Vaccine Institute
- Cardiff professors elected to Learned Society for Wales Cardiff University29th April 2015Four Cardiff University professors have been elected to the prestigious Learned Society for Wales, a keenly competed accolade which recognises academic excellence.
- Immune system 'friendly fire' could be to blame for cancer deaths 17th February 2015New research suggests that patients recovering from bowel cancer surgery may be at a higher risk of relapse if their blood shows an immune response to a particular protein, called carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA). By informing a more tailored treatment strategy …
- Cardiff Scientists uncover how harmful viruses hide in salivary glands 6th February 2015Researchers at the Cardiff Institute of Infection and Immunity have discovered one of the secrets of cytomegalovirus that allows this virus to persist within the salivary glands and subsequently disseminate through saliva
- T-cells 'uproot' a cancer peptide to target melanoma 2nd February 2015A Cardiff University team led by Dr David Cole and Professor Andrew Sewell visualises the interaction between a T-cell and a natural and modified skin cancer derived pMHC at atomic resolution
- Study probes insulin effect Cardiff University11th December 2014Analysis of thousands of NHS records has uncovered a link between an increased dosage of insulin in the treatment of type 2 diabetes and a heightened risk of death in patients.