News archive for Cardiff Institute of Infection & Immunity
- Cardiff I&I student wins immunological "Dragon’s Den" competition 4th September 2014Congratulations to Ellyn Hughes who won the BSI Summer School "Dragon’s Den" competition as part of a team for the most innovative immunology-related idea.
- Using a virus to understand how the immune system works 16th August 2014Cardiff researchers have used a human herpesvirus to uncover fundamental insights into how immune cells kill virus infected cells. The work was published in the leading journal ‘Cell host & Microbe’.
- Infection & Immunity canvas competition 13th August 2014Staff from the Institute of Infection & Immunity have produced an inspiring range of original art work illustrating their research at the institute.
- State-of-the-art facility for measuring receptor-ligand interactions 11th August 2014A team led by Prof Andy Sewell and Dr David Cole have successful obtained a Research Infrastructure Framework grant from Cardiff University for £360K to purchase a state of the art BIAcore T200 and Envision multi-label reader with Alpha Technology. …
- Science in the Park 7th August 2014Event report for the successful inaugural 'Science in the Park' event that took place on 11th July 2014, with support by the British Society for Immunology and Biolegend.
- Successful year for South Wales Immunology Group 11th July 2014The South Wales regional group of the British Society for Immunology is looking back at another very successful year, with activities including the regular seminar series, the Jonathan Boulter Memorial Lecture, the Cancer Immunology Meetings and the Science Pub events.
- Infection & Immunity Newsletter 2014 9th July 2014Second newsletter of the Cardiff Institute of Infection and Immunity, covering the period of 2013-2014
- Intensive Care Foundation New Investigator Award 2014 8th July 2014Cardiff-based researchers receive a New Investigator Award by the Intensive Care Foundation