News archive for Central Biotechnology Services
- Health Technology scheme 11th July 2013The SARTRE/SEWAHSP Health Technology Challenge Scheme is now underway. This new scheme is to encourage Healthcare practitioners and technology providers to work together to source innovative solutions to clinical problems.
- Excellence in Teaching Awards 2012: Nominations open 16th July 2012Each year the School of Medicine recognises members of staff in the University and in the NHS who have provided excellent teaching or support for undergraduate, postgraduate and research students.
- OBE for Dr Debbie Cohen 19th June 2012Dr Debbie Cohen from MEDIC has been awarded an OBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List 2012.
- University & Toray collaborate to create Microarray Laboratory 2nd March 2012Cardiff University and Toray collaborate to provide 3D-Gene™ microarray services
- Achievement in health innovation Cardiff University7th December 2011University scientists have been recognised for innovation in health and social care with awards presented by the First Minister of Wales.
- Cochrane Building: Open for students Cardiff University18th November 2011The University’s new flagship health education centre offering students the latest teaching, library and state-of-the-art simulation facilities has been officially opened.
- Bruce Beutler receives Nobel Prize 3rd October 2011Prof Bruce Beutler from The Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla (California), who earlier this year gave an outstanding Jonathan Boulter Memorial Lecture at Cardiff University, has just received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2011.
- CBS Award for Best Poster Presentation 1st August 2011CBS award an iPad for the Best Poster Presentation at the recent Summer School of the British Society for Immunology held at St Donat's Castle