Institute of Medical Education news & events
- Professionalism publication deal agreed 25th September 2014Dr Lynn Monrouxe and Professor Charlotte Rees (Dundee) have just signed a deal with Wiley-Blackwell to publish a book based on their 10-year programme of professionalism research in 2017.
- Awards triumph for Cardiff University School of Medicine 16th May 2014Cardiff University School of Medicine came away with multiple honours at the recent BMA Cymru Wales/BMJ Clinical Teacher of the Year Awards 2014.
- News archive (40 items)
- Academic Workshop: 7 Oct 7th October, 13.00‑14.00 Health Literacy: Building knowledge and skills to improve patient care and patient health. Guest speaker: Professor Gill Rowlands, Aarhus University, Denmark. Open to all School of Medicine staff / PGR students.Venue: Michael Griffith Education Centre
The Jonathan Boulter Memorial Lecture 2014 British Society for Immunology 8th October, 16.00 Prof. Michael Dustin (Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Oxford): "The Immunological Synapse as a Therapeutic Target"Venue: Michael Griffith Education Centre
Prof Michael Dustin (Oxford) 9th October, 13.00‑14.00 "Dynamics of cytotoxic T cells in vitro and in vivo" Venue: Henry Wellcome Building
- Cwm Taff RDCS Helpdesk 15th October, 10.00‑14.00 Research Helpdesk for NHS professionalsVenue: Royal Glamorgan Hospital
- CAQR 4th November, 10.00‑11.00 A support and development group for researchers interested in using more critical approaches to qualitative research at the Heath Campus (all welcome)Venue: UHW Main Building
- De Hilary Neve: Threshold concepts 4th November, 12.30‑16.00 Hilary will introduce and discuss the notion of threshold concepts and their relevance to education: to learners, teachers and curriculum developers.Venue: UHW Main Building