All Wales Therapeutics & Toxicology Centre
The All Wales Therapeutics & Toxicology Centre brings together four Welsh Organisations, each with its own particular area of expertise on the use of medicines:
- Therapeutics and Toxicology Centre, School of Medicine, Cardiff University
- Welsh Medicines Information Centre
- Yellow Card Centre Wales
- Welsh Medicines Resource Centre
We forged this partnership together to achieve the following goals:
- Effective Prescribing: Co-ordinating and facilitating initiatives to improve prescribing practice, stimulating and contributing to educational programmes for all prescribers across Wales.
- Safer Prescribing: Improving the effectiveness of the monitoring of suspected adverse reactions in Wales.
- Appraisial of new medicines: Developing timely, independent and authorative advice on new (particularly high-cost) medicines for consideration by the All-Wales Medicines Strategy Group (AWMSG) .
Our aim for the site is to provide good quality information to promote safe and effective prescribing. We hope you find this site easy to navigate and that it directs you to useful information to support your day to day work.
Professor Philip Routledge OBE, Medical Director, All Wales Therapeutics & Toxicology Centre