The Institute's research teams focus on addressing overlapping issues in cardiorespiratory, metabolic and inflammatory disorders by means of state-of-the-art translational medicine studies underpinned by excellent basic science.
- Oil red O stained adipocytes differentiated from bone marrow stem cells.
- Dendritic cells shown in red in human epidermis
- 3D electroanatomic map of an infarcted heart left ventricle
- Scanning electron microscopy image of endothelial cells shedding microparticles
- Collaborative report published on sudden unexpected death in infancy 20th January 2015The All Wales Perinatal Survey and the Child Death Review in Wales looked in detail at unexplained deaths in Wales
- The tiny flaw behind a chaotic heartbeat Cardiff University19th November 2014Scientists from Cardiff University and the Slovak Academy of Science have identified defects in a colossal heart protein which often leads to stroke and heart failure.
- January 2015
- CAQR 3rd February, 10.00‑11.00 A support and development group for researchers interested in using more critical approaches to qualitative research at the Heath Campus (all welcome)Venue: UHW Main Building
Dr Derek Brazil 5th February, 13.00‑14.00 The role of Gremlin-1, a BMP antagonist, in kidney development and diseaseVenue: Henry Wellcome Building