The Institute's research teams focus on addressing overlapping issues in cardiorespiratory, metabolic and inflammatory disorders by means of state-of-the-art translational medicine studies underpinned by excellent basic science.
- Oil red O stained adipocytes differentiated from bone marrow stem cells.
- Dendritic cells shown in red in human epidermis
- 3D electroanatomic map of an infarcted heart left ventricle
- Scanning electron microscopy image of endothelial cells shedding microparticles
- INDIGO: Major EU grant success for IMEM28th October 2014IMEM scientist, Prof Marian Ludgate, awarded €1.2M to investigate how micro-organisms shape the immune response leading to autoimmune disease
- Sudden cardiac death calcium link www.telegraph.co.uk11th August 2014Cardiff University scientists identify a mutation in the calcium-sensing protein, calmodulin, that causes idiopathic ventricular fibrillation, has defective interaction with the cardiac ryanodine receptor.
- CAQR 4th November, 10.00‑11.00 A support and development group for researchers interested in using more critical approaches to qualitative research at the Heath Campus (all welcome)Venue: UHW Main Building
- Powys (North) RDCS Helpdesk 5th November, 10.00‑14.00 Research Helpdesk for NHS professionals
Professor Burkhard Ludewig 6th November, 13.00‑14.00 Lymph node development: the role of stromal cellsVenue: Henry Wellcome Building
- Contacts & People - staff lists, telephone numbers and other contact information
- Publications - recent items, and a searchable archive