The Institute's research teams focus on addressing overlapping issues in cardiorespiratory, metabolic and inflammatory disorders by means of state-of-the-art translational medicine studies underpinned by excellent basic science.
- Dr Aled Jones of Ionic Cell Signalling discusses his research with BHF Medical Director, Prof Peter Weissberg
- Dendritic cells shown in red in human epidermis
- 3D electroanatomic map of an infarcted heart left ventricle
- Scanning electron microscopy image of endothelial cells shedding microparticles
- Increasing cell-to-cell differences aggravates the collapse of a cell network
- Oil red O stained adipocytes differentiated from bone marrow stem cells.
- Children with type 1 diabetes at fivefold risk of hospitalisation Cardiff University20th April 2015Children living with type 1 diabetes are nearly five times more likely to be admitted to hospital than non-diabetic children, a new study has found. Welsh data shows pre-schoolers and those from disadvantaged backgrounds most at risk.
- Welsh Heart Research Institute hosts BHF 'Wear It Beat It' events. 11th March 2015Staff and students of the Sir Geraint Evans Building held a charity day on Friday 6 February in aid of the British Heart Foundation's 'Wear It. Beat It.' campaign. A number of events took place, most notably a charity bake …