The Institute's research teams focus on addressing overlapping issues in cardiorespiratory, metabolic and inflammatory disorders by means of state-of-the-art translational medicine studies underpinned by excellent basic science.
- Dendritic cells shown in red in human epidermis
- 3D electroanatomic map of an infarcted heart left ventricle
- Scanning electron microscopy image of endothelial cells shedding microparticles
- Increasing cell-to-cell differences aggravates the collapse of a cell network
- Oil red O stained adipocytes differentiated from bone marrow stem cells.
- Welsh Heart Research Institute hosts BHF 'Wear It Beat It' events. 11th March 2015Staff and students of the Sir Geraint Evans Building held a charity day on Friday 6 February in aid of the British Heart Foundation's 'Wear It. Beat It.' campaign. A number of events took place, most notably a charity bake …
- Butterfly effect and computer simulation pave way for heart disease prediction Cardiff University23rd February 2015Scientists from Cardiff and Swansea Universities are combining the principles of the butterfly effect and computer simulation to explore new ways of predicting and controlling the beginnings of heart disease.
- April 2015
- October 2015