The Institute's research teams focus on addressing overlapping issues in cardiorespiratory, metabolic and inflammatory disorders by means of state-of-the-art translational medicine studies underpinned by excellent basic science.
- Oil red O stained adipocytes differentiated from bone marrow stem cells.
- Dendritic cells shown in red in human epidermis
- 3D electroanatomic map of an infarcted heart left ventricle
- Scanning electron microscopy image of endothelial cells shedding microparticles
- Story of TINN2 (treat infections in neonates 2) 23rd June 2014Horizon 2020 reports the story of TINN2, a large-scale study to test the efficacy and safety of the drug called Azithromycin (AZM) with pre-term babies. It is the first such large-scale study in the world.
- IMEM staff in new BHF posters 19th June 2014BHF public relations team visit the WHRI to photograph BHF funded research staff for the charity's new "Thank You" campaign