The Institute's research teams focus on addressing overlapping issues in cardiorespiratory, metabolic and inflammatory disorders by means of state-of-the-art translational medicine studies underpinned by excellent basic science.
- Dr Aled Jones of Ionic Cell Signalling discusses his research with BHF Medical Director, Prof Peter Weissberg
- Dendritic cells shown in red in human epidermis
- 3D electroanatomic map of an infarcted heart left ventricle
- Scanning electron microscopy image of endothelial cells shedding microparticles
- Increasing cell-to-cell differences aggravates the collapse of a cell network
- Oil red O stained adipocytes differentiated from bone marrow stem cells.
- IMEM Post Grdaduate Research Student gains prestigious award15th October 2015IPrabhu Nesargikar, an MD student from IMEM has been awarded the “ Young Investigator Award” - awarded at the ESOT (European Society of Organ Transplantation) Conference, Brussels, Sept 2015. Prabhu is currently in the final stages of his MD, under …
- Emil Unanue: the Jonathan Boulter Memorial Lecture 2015 9th October 2015World-leading immunologist delivers an outstanding memorial lecture in commemoration of Dr. Jonathan Boulter
- December 2015
Arian Laurence (University of Newcastle) British Society for Immunology 6th January 2016, 13.00‑14.00 title to be confirmedVenue: Henry Wellcome Building
Helen McGettrick (University of Birmingham) British Society for Immunology 20th January 2016, 13.00‑14.00 title to be confirmedVenue: Henry Wellcome Building
- BSI Seminar