We aim to attract, train and retain the very best doctors.
Hear what our medical students have to say about their curriculum:
The Institute of Medical Education oversees undergraduate and taught postgraduate medical studies and is responsible for all aspects of medical education, from admissions and assessment to the curriculum and medical education research.
For degrees by research, see Postgraduate Research Degrees in Medicine
Medical Education Research
Research in the Institute is aimed at improving medical education. This work is disseminated internationally and forms an evidence-base that the School draws upon in its own teaching and curriculum development.
- CAQR 3rd February, 10.00‑11.00 A support and development group for researchers interested in using more critical approaches to qualitative research at the Heath Campus (all welcome)Venue: UHW Main Building
- 5th Annual Curriculum Conference - C21: Gaining Momentum 27th March, 08.45‑16.15 Cardiff University School of Medicine's annual curriculum conference brings together medical educators, students and clinicians as the successful new C21 programme gathers pace.Venue: Michael Griffith Education Centre
Medical Education Research and Scholarship Training Programme
Medical Education Research and Scholarship Training Programme 1st April, 12.30‑13.30 Session 1, Understanding medical education research and scholarship: introductory overview
- Osteoarthritis suit raises empathy 14th January 2015The Academic Centre in Keir Hardie had a unique opportunity this week to provide students with an insight into the feeling and movement for a patient with arthritis.
- 1st MED DAY raises over £3000 for charity www.virginmoneygiving.com8th December 2014Cardiff students and staff take to the streets to fundraise for the Noah's Ark Foundation and the Cleft Lip & Palate Association (CLAPA). The first of what is hoped will become an annual event.
- The benefit of a healthy lifestyle 31st October 2014Conference marks 30 years of research in Caerphilly led by Professor Peter Elwood.