Cardiff Institute of Infection & Immunity
The Cardiff Institute of Infection & Immunity is constituted by a team of >40 principal investigators from different fields of expertise, headed by Prof Vincent Piguet.
Through interdisciplinary collaborations across the School, the University, the NHS and beyond, we focus on research and treatment strategies that link high quality laboratory-based studies with translational, cross-disciplinary clinical applications.
Preventing blood poisoning
YesterdayWork led by Dr Mario Labéta and published in the journal Science Translational Medicine by Dr Anne-Catherine Raby et al demonstrates that peptides derived from the body’s natural immune sensors …
- Preventing blood poisoning
- May 2013
The Essential Role of Gap Junctions and Connexins in Immune Health
20th May 2013Cardiff-edited book published on “Connexin Cell Communication Channels: Roles in the Immune System and Immunopathology”
- The Essential Role of Gap Junctions and Connexins in Immune Health
Lucienne Chatenoud (Université Paris Descartes) - British Society for ImmunologyToday, 13.00‑14.00"The use of CD3 antibodies in established autoimmunity: is the glass half empty or half full?"Venue: Henry Wellcome Building
The Core Bioinformatics TeamTomorrow, 13.00‑14.00An introduction to the MEDIC Core Bioinformatics TeamVenue: Henry Wellcome Building
Most recent publications
- Targeting the TLR Co-Receptor CD14 with TLR2-Derived Peptides Modulates Immune Responses to Pathogens.
Raby AC et al, Sci Transl Med
- Characterization of platelet aminophospholipid externalization reveals fatty acids as molecular determinants that regulate coagulation.
Clark SR et al, Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A
- A molecular basis for the control of preimmune escape variants by HIV-specific CD8+ T cells.
Ladell K et al, Immunity
- Human cytomegalovirus glycoprotein UL141 targets the TRAIL death receptors to thwart host innate antiviral defenses.
Smith W et al, Cell Host Microbe
- Monocytes and γδ T cells control the acute-phase response to intravenous zoledronate: insights from a phase IV safety trial.
Welton JL et al, J Bone Miner Res