Our strategy is to drive research for the benefit of patients affected by cancer and by inherited disease in Wales and beyond, and at all points in the patient pathway - including screening, diagnosis, imaging, tissue studies, and clinical trials.
- Postgraduate researchOpportunities for postgraduate research in the InstituteRead more...
- Medical Genetics Institute of Medical GeneticsRead more...
- Cardiff University - Peking University Cancer InstituteAn international collaboration between two leading universitiesRead more...
- Cancer Genetics Biomedical Research UnitCancer Genetics Biomedical Research UnitRead more...
Latest News from around ICG
Cancer model research helps pinpoint risk
23rd December 2013A new DNA model for bowel and womb cancer should help diagnose those at high risk, following work by an international group of scientists, including the School's Dr Ian Frayling.
Distinguished immunologist visits Cardiff for annual memorial lecture
16th October 2013Prof Philippa Marrack from the University of Colorado (Denver, USA) gives a motivating and inspiring Jonathan Boulter Memorial Lecture 2013
Cardiff scientist wins prestigious national prize
8th October 2013Dr Elisabeth Walsby, a senior postdoctoral scientist working in the Cardiff CLL research group within the School of Medicine, was awarded the 2013 Catovsky Prize at a recent meeting of …
What's Coming Up
- March 2014
Post Doctoral Staff Welcome Meeting
10th March, 16.00‑17.00A welcome meeting for any newly appointed Post-Doctoral StaffVenue: Henry Wellcome Building
Aneurin Bevan RDCS Helpdesk
12th March, 10.00‑14.00Research Helpdesk for NHS professionalsVenue: Royal Gwent Hospital
Cancer Immunology Meeting - British Society for Immunology24th March, 16.30‑18.006th meeting of the Cancer Immunology interest groupVenue: Henry Wellcome Building
- Post Doctoral Staff Welcome Meeting
- April 2014
Cardiff & Vale RDCS Helpdesk
9th April, 10.00‑14.00Research Helpdesk for NHS professionals
- Cardiff & Vale RDCS Helpdesk