Since its foundation in 1893, the School of Medicine has been committed to the pursuit of improved human health, through education, research and engagement with the wider world. We are a major centre for teaching and research and make a positive difference to the way medicine is practised in Wales, the UK and internationally.
- One-in-ten antibiotic prescriptions ‘fail’ Cardiff University29th September 201420 year study uncovers rising rates of antibiotic failure for common infections.
- Professionalism publication deal agreed 25th September 2014Dr Lynn Monrouxe and Professor Charlotte Rees (Dundee) have just signed a deal with Wiley-Blackwell to publish a book based on their 10-year programme of professionalism research in 2017.
Institutes in the School
Administrative and support offices, academic departments, research groups and other units within the School.
- HTC 10th July to 21st November Dates for the Submission of Ideas
Science in Public Health Lectures
Treating inherited disease: hope not hype Tomorrow, 19.00 Speaker: Professor Julian Sampson (Cardiff University)Venue: Cardiff University Main Building
- Academic Workshop: 7 Oct 7th October, 13.00‑14.00 Health Literacy: Building knowledge and skills to improve patient care and patient health. Guest speaker: Professor Gill Rowlands, Aarhus University, Denmark.Venue: Michael Griffith Education Centre
- Science in Public Health Lectures